Clinical Supervision Services
You are here: KLC Counselling Services Clinical Supervision services
I believe that the purpose of Clinical Supervision is to support the Supervisee so that this in turn protects the best interest of the client. Supervision should provide a safe environment for you where you are supported, listened to and understood. I consider it essential that you feel comfortable enough within supervision to be self-reflective and to explore your client work openly, including areas that you are uncertain about that you may feel to be ‘mistakes’ or that you feel unhappy with. I would also like to help you to see and celebrate your successes. This may include material such as the relationships between you and your clients, any ethical issues and your own professional development. I work using an integrative approach.
Safe and boundaried
I understand that a warm, trusting and respectful relationship is likely to best support a collaborative supervisory process. I will work with you to create a safe and boundaried way of working to offer the possibility of free and creative work for both you and your clients.
I am interested and experienced in helping you to build and maintain a private Counselling or Psychotherapy practice and can help you to promote good business practice.
DETAILS OF SERVICE OFFERED
- I offer 1.5 hour sessions – this can be altered upon request if this does not suit your particular circumstances.
- My standard rate is £60. This may be discounted in some circumstances.
- My supervision contract can be provided on request prior to booking if required.
- Contact can be arranged between sessions in emergency situations. Please note that due to my working arrangements this would need to be arranged.
- If you require reports written about you, for example for counselling courses, these can be completed but may involve an additional charge, This will be negotiable depending on the work involved in completing the reports.
- Although I am BACP accredited I do not consider myself to be an expert in the accreditation process. I am happy to help with feedback on entries but I would always suggest gaining more suitable support to ensure success with your application.
- I am not an expert in any of the regulatory bodies complaint processes. I would suggest that support for this is best provided by those regulatory bodies, your insurance company or the Psychotherapy and Counselling Union.
- To work with me you will need to be a member of a regulatory body. You will also need suitable insurance. Finally you will need to be fully qualified or working towards this. Copies of all relevant documentation will be requested.
- Brief notes may be taken about sessions. I am registered with the ICO for maintenance of such data.
As well as my Counselling and Psychology qualifications I hold a Certificate in Supervision that is approved by the National Counselling Society at an advanced specialist course status. I qualified as a counsellor in 2008 and have been BACP accredited since 2012.